Product Review Shea Moisture: Gel Souffle vs. Curl Enhancing Smoothie Pt. 2

Welcome to Part 2 and my final verdict for both the Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle and the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I heard of the Curl Enhancing Smoothie by word of mouth, and it was said to be good for curl definition. Many have regarded it as a staple in their natural hair regimines, so I decided to give it a go as well.

Curl Enhancing Smoothie: (Duration: 3 Weeks)

Cons:

  • Slightly greasy
  • Not really light as a "smoothie"/ thick and a little dense with formulation
  • Leaves a white film or residue on hair

Pros:

  • Lightweight on hair 
  • Moisturizing
  • Nice for a lighter curl definition 

I'm not gonna lie, the Curl Enhancing Smoothie let me down. It was not that great of a product, and I think this is why I don't like to buy into the hype of beauty or hair care products, because once you hype me up, you have to deliver on your formulation. This did not deliver nearly as expected. It left a white film on my hair where it was placed, even more so than the Curling Gel Souffle. I could not even attempt to rub it in or throw it on before I headed out the door, as I simply looked like I had white cream still in my hair. Also, the curl definition was NOT popping. It was not particularly great, nor did it make me feel better about switching to it from the Gel Souffle. As far as the smell, it smells good, but that did not make up for it being about $12 to $15 a container and doing barely anything.

~~Verdict: Gel Souffle!! ~~

The Curling Gel Souffle, although very sticky, was both better at defining my curls and more aesthetically pleasing for my dark, 1b hair. I prefer the wet look over the white, visibly tacky, hard to camouflage residue that the 'Holy Grail' Enhancing Smoothie left me with. It's a good product, but not a great one. The Curling Gel Souffle gave me more bang for my buck.

The two products. I still have a lot of product left, especially with the Curl
Smoothie, but this is what I was left with in the end & I barely
made a dent in the Smoothie.

Thanks for reading! and I hope you found these reviews helpful on your hunt for the perfect moisturizer for those curls! 😗

*This review is non-sponsored. Thank You*

~Be Blessed, Be Curly, Be Cherished. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle vs. Curl Enhancing Smoothie

What is Your Hair Type? and Why It's Important